PRIVACY & COOKIES
What information do we gather?
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
(2) Location data, which might be gained through your IP address or GPS data (see Section 3 (4), below).
- How we use your information
2.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our website and see how your journey through it by using cookies.
(2) Identify your interests.
(3) Make sure the products and services we provide are correctly administered
(4) Contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which may in some cases be provided by third parties), including by email, mail, telephone, or SMS text message. We will always act having regard to your preferences. Please see Section 4 to understand more about how you provide and can manage your preferences.
(5) We may also contact you directly via social media in relation to any competitions and/or prize draws you have entered.
(5) Make sure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) Identify usage hotspots on our website;
2.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
- How do we gather information?
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology)
(2) directly (e.g. when you buy a ticket or sign up to receive newsletters on our website or via a mobile device application or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
- How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, post and sms text.
4.2 We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options
4.3 We might also offer you the opportunity to hear from specific companies and organisations that we might work in association with. We will always name those companies and organisations and provide you with the opportunity to hear from them by means of an opt-in tick box.
4.5 If there are no tick boxes, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it
4.6 If you have signed up to receive marketing from us by text, to stop this, please reply STOP to the last message you received.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us The Spirit Show, 6 Hazeldene, Waltham Cross, EN8 7ER
5.1 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. You will have to provide proof of identification.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details were applicable; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
- Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7.4 If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device. Here is a link to the third party advertising platform we use, which has instructions on how to do this:
- Protecting your information
9.1 No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
- Disclosing your information
10.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
10.2 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
- Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in Europe.
Whenever we transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as the EU “Standard Contractual Clauses” and the EU-US “Privacy Shield”) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
- Social media and other third party websites.
We work with trusted third parties, including social network sites like Facebook.
We cannot control how your data is collected, stored, used or shared by Third Party Sites or to whom it is disclosed. Please be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a Third Party Site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. The Spirit Show is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you.
- Changes to this Policy
12.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
- If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
13.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
This Policy was last updated on 4th April 2018